Friday, February 26, 2010

A Wild Week

Where to begin...it has been quite a week at this household.

The big guy wrecked his pick up truck on the freeway early on Saturday morning. He got called in to plow snow for the county, while en route a guy lost control of his truck and Sam had no chance to miss hitting him head on at about 40 miles per hour.

I almost beat him up when I answered the phone to
"Nikki, first I just want to tell you, I am alright."

I thought to myself, well you are now because I am not with in reach to pound you for waking me up twice on a Saturday morning. First when the phone rang to call you to work and now what? He then continued to explain about the wreck.

Of course when you get in a wreck the first thing you want to do is call off of work...but the big guy didn't get that chance, as all the head bosses at work were out of town. Luck would at least offer him a work truck for the rest of the weekend.

As the snow fell all weekend he never got a chance to hurt from the wreck.

Monday offered all kinds of surprises. As Sam called the insurance and auto body repair shops and car rental places, an old co-worker (Danny)gave him a call.

Danny had a family friend in Las Vegas that is 3 weeks from delivering a baby girl. She knew that she would not be able to keep the baby and was looking for a family that would like to adopt.

Immediately Sam called me at work and we started all the conversations that we had been over time and time again...do we want to adopt?

The girl wanted to come to Utah to have the baby, looking only for the adoptive parents to get her a ride to and from Vegas and never to have to deal with the baby again. From what we were told she had an affair with a married man that wanted nothing to do with the baby and he would not agree to sign adoption papers.

I called the girl as soon as I got the chance. She was not available to chat as she was at her job. So I did the only other thing that I knew would help us make a decision...I called some friends over to have them give us a blessing in making a decision.

We gave it quite a bit of thought, and in the end I think we made the toughest choice ever, we called her and let her know that we just didn't feel like it was the right choice for anyone involved for us to take the baby, even though we have prayed for years for a child. We just hope that this young girl and the baby understand the decision.

Sometimes the holy ghost whispers...and you have to listen very hard, even if the answer is not what you want at the time. I pray for all that are and will be a part of this babies life.

1 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh, wow! that is so tough. I am sure, though, that you did the right thing. Maybe this experience was just preparing you for something else in the future...